A survey by the PR & social media agency Zoodikers, has found that 95% of businesses now completely understand how to use the likes of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The study asked a sample of 250 UK businesses about their take-up and knowledge of social media, compared to the same period 12 months ago.
Highlights include the following:
· CEOs are keener than ever to become thought-leaders on Twitter
· LinkedIn has been totally embraced as a fully-fledged CRM system and networking tool by all the companies sampled
· Facebook advertising is now seen as the no-nonsense, cost effective way to drive sales leads and raise brand awareness by the majority of customer-facing businesses
· 83% of management teams, Boards and Partnerships have properly thought-through social media strategies linked with their business goals and vision for their organisations
· 46% of creative industries found that Pinterest drove more organic traffic to their websites than any other marketing channel
Pesce D’Aprile, who compiled the report for Zoodikers, says: “We were amazed at how much progress businesses have made in the last year.
“We’ve gone from a situation where the bulk of companies were completely in the dark as to what social media could do for their bottom line, to one where most now have a clear understanding of its benefits.”
The agency sampled a range of organisations including hotels, facilities management companies, law firms, accountants and healthcare businesses.
Adds Pesce: “We are scratching our heads about what may have precipitated such a change in attitude to social media.
“For years we’ve been banging our heads against a brick wall, trying to convince companies of the benefits of using social media. Perhaps the sunny weather has helped.”
If you are still unsure about the benefits of social media, need specialist training or want a creative agency to help you create the sort of content needed in today’s digital age, then contact us on 01892 520123.